A leading FMCD brand was losing market share and brand equity due to unauthorized discount to market operating price. Lack of information on competition pricing in micro markets prevented them for coming up with a effective pricing strategy.APPROACH
- Benchmarked pricing with competitors. Pricing for 40 variants across 100 outlets was mapped every week to create a pricing matrix for the brand as well as competitors.
- Helped brand engage dealers with real time data on market pricing
- Apart from gathering price, an important aspect was training on the correct discounting model. A simultaneous micro training activity was carried out to meet this objective
- Better control on market operating price
- Increase in sales by 15%
- Improved margins for dealers